Dupe Away 3.0.5 - Fast and easy iTunes duplicate remover program. (Demo)
Dupe Away instantly finds the dupes in iTunes and, based on your preferences, automatically determines which duplicate to keep and which to remove.
Detect Unused Files
Ever wonder how many tracks exist in your Music folder that aren't in iTunes? We call these "abandoned tracks." Dupe Away detects these files for you so you can recover the file to iTunes or recover the disk space being wasted by it.
Instant Playlist Cleanup
Hate listening to the same song back-to-back? So do we. Dupe Away playlist feature analyzes all of your playlists individually and finds and removes those dupes within your playlists so you don't have to.
Remove Dead Tracks
If you've ever moved or deleted media using Finder (or any other app that's not iTunes), you may be left with some tracks that won't play in iTunes. With the touch of a button, Dupe Away cleans those tracks from iTunes so you no longer have to see that annoying 'file not found' dialog.
- Various improvements and bug fixes
OS X 10.6 or later
TeXShop 3.16 - TeX front end. (Free)
TeXShop is a TeX previewer for Mac OS X, written in Cocoa. Since pdf is a native file format on OS X, TeXShop uses "pdftex" and "pdflatex"; rather than "tex" and "latex" to typeset; these programs in the standard teTeX distribution of TeX produce pdf output instead of dvi output.
- After editing the Command Completion File, users had to save twice before open documents acknowledged the changes (although quitting and restarting TeXShop used the changes after a single click). This is fixed.
- New latexmk engines are available in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Latexmk. These engine files allow you to place a platexmkrc file in the same folder as the source you typeset. This "project resource" file provides further latexmk configuration. For instance, you could use this process to force latexmk to use texindy rather than the default makeindex for a given project. This improvement was suggested by Michael McNeil Forbes and adopted to latexmk in TeXShop by Herbert Schulz.
- When the Macro Editor is activated, a new menu item named "Save selection to file..." appears. This menu was broken and could not save files, but the problem is fixed. A similar problem with "Add macros from file..." is also fixed.
- A related problem was fixed in the menu command "Save Selection To File..." which saves a selection from the preview page to disk.
- The Synctex synchronization method worked in 3.15 and earlier. When this method fails to find a match, TeXShop reverts to the older search method of synchronization, but this was broken in 3.15. The earlier method is now fixed.
- When a new version of TeXShop first runs, it updates a few subfolders of ~/Library/TeXShop. Versions 3.12 through 3.15 were broken and updated these folders every time they started. This is fixed. Thanks to Yusuke Terada for the bug report.
- Users with an external Trackpad or builtin Multi-Touch Trackpad can use the "App Expose" feature by activating it in the Trackpad Preference Pane of Apple's System Preferences. Please three fingers on the pad positioned over the TeXShop Icon in the Dock or a TeXShop Window, and swipe down (you can configure this to use four fingers in System Preferences). Then only TeXShop windows will appear on the screen, and a list of hidden accessory files will appear along the bottom of the screen. The recent switch to UTI's has activated this feature of OS X.
OS X 10.7 or later
iExplorer 18.104.22.168 - View the files on your iPhone (was iPhone Explorer). (Demo)
iExplorer (was iPhone Explorer) is an iPhone browser for Mac lets you view the files on your iOS device. By using a drag and drop interface, you can quickly copy files and folders between your Mac and your iPhone or iTouch. It works with both jailbreaked and non-jailbreaked iPhones and works quickly with a standard USB cable.
- All the best technology from Phone to Mac, Phone Disk, and iExplorer 2, and then some
- One-click recover of music and videos straight to iTunes
- Explore and export photos and videos (even from older iPods)
- Mount any folder or category, including playlists and photo albums, then browse in Finder and open with other apps
- Browse iTunes backups. Export: Messages (including attachments), calendars, voicemail, call history, contacts, notes...
- Works with all types of iPods, iTouch, iPhones, iPads
- Added a search feature to the Messages viewer.
- Fixed a bug with the way encrypted iTunes backups were detected
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- OS X 10.6 or later
- iTunes 10 or later
SixtyFour 1.0.9 - Reduce memory overhead by opening apps in 32-bit mode. (Demo)
SixtyFour is a memory optimizer and system utility for 64-bit-capable hardware running Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.
SixtyFour presents a list of 64-bit apps that can open in 32-bit mode and facilitates the setting of a preference to force a listed app to open in 32-bit mode.
An app opened in 32-bit mode uses significantly less memory than when opened in 64-bit mode.
Running most if not all apps in 32-bit mode on systems that have little memory available could potentially lead to an increase in overall system performance.
- SixtyFour now displays localized application names instead of general display names
- Enabled multithreading
- OS X 10.5 or later
- 64-bit processor
Bills To Pay 2.0 - Never miss another bill payment. (Commercial)
Bills To Pay will assure that you never miss another bill!
Ever missed a bill payment because you forgot when it was due or how much it was for?
Our customers are important to us. If you have any questions or run into any issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within one business day - and usually less!
- Easily keep track of your bills with automatic reminders when bills are close to being due or overdue.
- Add a bill at home and see it on your work Mac thanks to automatic syncing through iCloud.
- Easily access your list of bills through the always available menu bar icon.
- See a historical record of all your payments.
- Add notes to bills and/or payments.
- Export payments as CSV to a file.
- Use custom currencies.
- Added Semi-Yearly as a bill option.
- Improved syncing between Macs.
- Improved UI.
Intervalo 1.0 - Time-lapse movie maker. (Commercial)
Intervalo is a simple time-lapse movie maker for the Mac. Drag a folder full of photos to Intervalo and click the Create Movie button to transform them into a QuickTime movie. JPEG, TIFF, and camera raw image formats are supported. Movies can be encoded using high-quality H.264 or Apple ProRes video codecs.
Cookie 3.0.15 - Protect your online privacy. (Demo)
Cookie is the only cookie manager that easily manages all your browser cookies/Local Storage/HTML5 Databases, Flash cookies, Silverlight, browser cache, and browser history. Protect your online privacy! You could be unknowingly giving third-party's access to some of your personal information, browsing history and surfing habits.
Data can be stored on your computer without you even knowing in a multitude of different formats: Cookies, Flash Cookies, Silverlight, Databases and local Storage.
- Most websites you visit will leave a small file called a 'cookie' on your computer to store information about you, and store any relevant site preferences. Most of the time this is fine, however some sites use this information to track your surfing habits for profiling/advertising purposes and more....
- Flash Cookies, can potentially be even more insidious, as they can store up-to 25x more information (100Kb) than regular cookies. Flash Cookies can even be used to restore regular cookies, long after the original cookie has been deleted.
- Silverlight Cookies, are similar to Flash Cookies.
Cookie, helps you to manage exactly who can access information about your online activities, all in one convenient location.
- Databases, and Local Storage are generally more innocuous, and are used mainly by Web applications to store data.
With a clear and intuitive interface, Cookie is a must have application for anyone serious about protecting their personal information.
After an initial simple setup, Cookie requires minimal effort to keep your computer clear from unwanted data-mining.
Supports Safari 5.1+, Firefox 4+, Google Chrome 10+, Chromium 10+ and Camino 2.1+
- Code optimization
- Fixed Firefox support on OS X 10.6
- Fixed a potential crash in Firefox 23
OS X 10.6.8 or later
SeaMonkey for PPC 2.18 - PPC port of the popular SeaMonkey browser. (Free)
SeaMonkey for PPC is a Web browser that shares much of the same base code as the popular Firefox Web browser. It also contains an advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editor.
Since Mozilla has stopped supporting PPC on Macs, I have picked it up and provide the only SeaMonkey version runnable on G4/G5 based Macs.
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to deliver production-quality releases of code derived from the application formerly known as "Mozilla Application Suite". Whereas the main focus of the Mozilla Foundation is on Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird, our group of dedicated volunteers works to ensure that you can have "everything but the kitchen sink" and have it stable enough for corporate use.
Get those PPCs out of the closets and back online!
- Incorporation of the patches from AuroraFox.
- All versions from here on out will contain GCC 4.7.2 LIBRARIES and will have QuickDraw Plugin capability.
OS X 10.5
VideoDrive 2.7.07 - Add movies to iTunes without converting them. (Demo)
VideoDrive makes it easy to add videos to iTunes with or without converting them or losing quality. VideoDrive supports all current formats, including mov, mpg, mpeg, mp4, m4v, avi, wmv, m2v, flv, wma, divx, mkv, asf, dv, 3gp, ogg, ogv, gif, xvid, trp and omg files.
VideoDrive offers 9 unique import methods to add any video file to iTunes. The user-friendly interface helps you to make the best choice for your setup.
With VideoDrive, your video collection will look stunning in cover flow in iTunes. Videos in iTunes can be watched in Front Row, put on your iPod, iPhone and iPad or synced and stream to any AppleTV device.
Sync and stream videos from iTunes to a hacked AppleTV without reconverting them first.
With VideoDrive you can keep your videos on separate disks, seach online for metadata and cover art, cleanup file names, automatically number season and episodes of TV Shows, include subtitles in Front Row, iPod, iPad, AppleTV and iPhone, merge video parts virtually in iTunes and much more.
Advanced conversion settings, including support for QuickTime X, Elgato.264 HD and HandBrake.
A detailed feature list can be found on the Aroona website.
Note: Free version limited to importing and tagging 20 videos
- Added support for iTunes 11.0.3.
- Added status light for subtitles in the online metadata window.
- Activated the status lights and added a refresh button for third-party tools to the window with additional tools.
- Removed the option to enable Growl as this is now done automatically. To customize Growl messages, go the Growl Preferences panel.
- Improved compatibility with iTunes 11 when tagging iTunes titles.
- Faster launch and quitting.
- Addressed an error message when displaying the window to install third-party tools.
- TV shows would in some cases not be properly identified based on file names when tagging iTunes titles.
- Addressed a 7902 error on non-English systems when importing videos.
- Addressed a reliability issue with the dialog box appearing when VideoDrive is busy.
- Improved cleanup when aborting video imports.
- Fixed an issue causing HandBrake to continue running in the background when canceling imports or quitting VideoDrive.
- Several tweaks and minor bug fixes.
- OS X 10.5 or later
- iTunes 10 or later
- QuickTime 7 or X
- Optionally: Perian 1.2.3 for extended format support
- Optionally: HandBrake for faster video conversions
Antenna 1.5 - Easily find online radio stations. (Free)
Antenna makes finding radio stations online easier. Using a vast list of stations combined with a map interface, you can discover, listen to, and switch between thousands of stations effortlessly with Antenna, which is based on the Adobe AIR runtime. Search is possible by country or genre, or just by clicking on a location on the map. Beyond that you have a history of recently-listened stations and can even rate the ones you like and return to them easily later.
- Fix for application failing to start, hanging on ‘Gathering station list…’ after updating to AIR 3.0
- OS X 10.4 or later
- Adobe AIR
OK-Writer 1.4 - Word processor for kids. (Demo)
OK-Writer is a word processor for Mac OS X that was designed with children in mind. Story windows have lots of big, friendly buttons that provide quick access to kids' favorite fonts, styles, and colors, as well as for saving, opening, and printing stories. Another button tells the Mac to read the story aloud to the child.
As your child grows up, OK-Writer will grow with them. OK-Writer provides additional features tucked in the menu bar where they won't confuse younger children, but are available as your child matures. With a spell checker, find and replace, and support for adjustable tab stops, it will be years before your child outgrows OK-Writer!
OK-Writer was tested by children from ages 4 through 9, as well as by adults, so you know that anyone can figure it out -- even mom and dad! There's an extensive help system, written to be understood by older children, with a special section for grown ups to get additional information.
Although OK-Writer is shareware, there aren't any annoying reminders or crippled features -- we don't think it's right to confuse your child just to get you to pay for our software. Instead, we encourage you to pay the low shareware fee so we can continue to add new features to the software -- and we'll never hit you up for another fee for OK-Writer again!
- Added support for full-screen mode on OS X 10.7 and later.
- Updated icons look beautiful on Macs with retina displays.
- On systems that support it, the find bar is used in-window instead of using a separate Find window.
- The buttons and other window objects now stay in perfect alignment as editor windows are resized.
- The background of the editor window control areas are now a friendly periwinkle color instead of a steel grey.
OS X 10.6 or later
Multi Skype Launcher 0.9 - Use multiple Skype accounts at once (beta). (Free)
Multi Skype Launcher allows you to use more than one Skype account at once. Just launch this tiny app and you will see a new Skype window!
Version 0.9: Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
OS X 10.6 or later
Cassiopeia 1.2.6 - Scientific word processing and symbolic algebra system. (Demo)
Cassiopeia is a scientific wordprocessing and symbolic algebra system. It includes a MathML-based equation editor, a 2D graph module, a simulation module and exports to LaTeX and HTML. Cassiopeia stores its documents in a relational database management system and therefore allows multi-user access to a common document repository (co-editing in a workgroup).
Light keys are available free of charge and enable all features of Cassiopeia perpetually with only minor limitations (the number of documents and books is limited). A free light license is a good choice for students that have a need for a scientific wordprocessing solution, e.g. for writing their thesis.")
A variety of license options are available. See the pricing details for more information.
- A small bug in the setup procedure caused the wrong set of forms to be granted access to by default
- The auto caption for 2D graphs and simulations now reflects eventually set factors (scalers) for the functions
- A new essentials diskimage was created containing FrontBase 5.2.11(FrontBase can also be downloaded directly from www.frontbase.com). The old essentials package contained FrontBase 4.2.9 which required a free FrontBase license. As of FrontBase 5.2.8 no FrontBase license is needed anymore which simplifies the installation and setup process a bit. If you already have a working Cassiopeia installation based on the earlier supplied FrontBase 4.2.9 you have to do nothing (an upgrade of FrontBase is neither required nor recommended). However, for new installations you might want to install the newer FrontBase version provided on the updated essentials diskimage now since this allows to ommit the "Get a frontbase license from the frontbase website" step.
Tunnelblick 3.2.9 - GUI for OpenVPN. (Free)
Tunnelblick, formerly known as OpenVPN-GUI, is a simple graphical user interface for the great VPN software OpenVPN 2.0 or later. It is written in Cocoa and comes in a ready-to-use distribution with all necessary binaries and drivers. Versions of OpenVPN older than 2.0 are not supported because they lack the management interface used by Tunnelblick. Please send feedback and suggestions to email@example.com.
- Preparation for updating to Tunnelblick 3.3.
- Only this and later versions will be able to update to Tunnelblick 3.3 when it becomes available as a stable release.
OS X 10.4.11 or later
rRootage 0.23.6 - OpenGL shooter game. (Free)
rRootage is an OpenGL-based vertical shooter. You move your ship around, shooting up at the enemy in a "level boss" format. The boss shoots different shaped objects at you, and you must dodge them while shooting him (or her). Watch out, because your shields are limited!
- The bug which crashes on OS X 10.8 was corrected.
Hammer 1.6.0 - Great way to build HTML websites. (Demo)
Hammer is a great way of building HTML websites. With features including HTML includes, SASS and CoffeeScript parsing and Clever Paths, Hammer is an indispensable tool! Hammer has some built-in features that work automatically, and some clever functions you use with special Hammer tags.
- HTML Includes - Front-end developers shouldn't have to run local server environments, or use PHP just to put one HTML file inside another. With Hammer, you don't have to.
- Clever Paths - Wouldn't it be great if you could just reference an asset by name? Hammer will search your project for the file you reference, and write the file path for you automagically.
- Variables + Helpers - Set and use variables in your template files and bend your templates to your will. Hammer also adds helpful classes to your HTML link tags, making menu logic a thing of the past.
- Auto Reload - Every time Hammer finishes compiling your project, it automatically refreshes your browser to show your latest changes and keep things up-to-date.
- Publish Builds - With Hammer's one-click publishing, you can share your work using a unique short URL. Show your clients, get feedback, then iterate quickly and easily.
Note: The demo version is currently at 1.5.0. The version available for purchase is 1.6.0.
- Compiler update: much faster compilation!
- New screenshots!
- Markdown documents no longer get IDs in their headers.
- Placeholder now takes text: @placeholder 100x100 Hammer.
- Blank lines are deleted from the start of HTML files.
- Hammer templates don't include Build or Git repos.
Printpress 1.1.0 - WordPress blog-editor. (Commercial)
Printpress is a native WordPress blog editor for the Mac. You can create and edit posts, upload images, and manage multiple wordpress.com and wordpress.org accounts.
- Optimized for Retina screens - Printpress looks great on Macs with standard resolution screens, but really shines on a Mac with a new Retina screen. Text is incredibly sharp and all user interface elements are drawn at double resolution.
- WYSIWYG and HTML editors - Edit your posts with the What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get editor and easily change fonts, colors, alignment, and a lot more with the click of a button. Or hand-tweak your posts with the HTML editor.
- Upload media - Automatically resize, compress, and upload images directly to your blog. If you want to resize an image that is already uploaded, you can easily drag to resize right in the editor.
- Work offline - Create local drafts to work on posts while you are offline. When you reconnect, publish local drafts to your blog with the click of a button.
- Advanced features - Printpress works with advanced WordPress features, including Custom Fields, Featured Images, Post Formats, and More tags.
- Multiple accounts - Create multiple WordPress.com or WordPress.org accounts within PrintPress, and easily switch between them.
- Added ability to preview posts and download blog theme.
- HTML editor is now color-coded.
- Bug fixes.
Radium 3.0.2 - Multi-network radio player. (Demo)
Radium is an Internet radio player that's designed from the ground up to be simple, intuitive, and lightweight. With its powerful search, thousands of supported stations (including Sirius/XM and DI.fm/Sky.fm Premium), and the ability to add your own streams, Radium will change the way you listen to Internet radio.
- Additional global shortcuts.
- Better stream and playback handling.
- Minor UI and VoiceOver bug fixes.
- Last.fm integration fixes.
- Stability and performance improvements.
Reason 7.0.1 - Professional music creation suite. (Demo)
Reason is an integrated software music recording and production studio with audio recording, million-dollar mixing and EQs, and all the instruments, sounds, and effects you could ever dream of for writing, recording, remixing, and producing great-sounding tracks.
Reason 6 has all of the combined features of previous versions of Reason and Propellerhead's Record software, including audio recording, editing, and more.
Also new are several effect devices that can be inserted directly into instruments or onto tracks. 'Pulveriser' allows users to compress, distort, filter, and modulate their sounds, while "The Echo" creates, as its name suggests, a stereo echo with adjustable delay, feedback, color, and modulation. "Alligator" is a rhythmic texturing tool that makes it possible to add rhythm and accents to synth sounds and change percussion loops. Users can also get pitch-perfect vocals using the new "Neptune" pitch adjuster.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to an "Unexpected Exception" message when starting Reason under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug where the spectrum EQ window did not function properly after sample rate changes.
- Fixed a bug where Reason could crash under certain conditions after changing display settings on Mac.
- Added Remote codec for Novation Launchkey.
- Fixed Rack Extension download time-out problem in Authorizer.
- Fixed a problem in Authorizer where an "Internal Error" dialog could be shown when trying to start a new Rack Extension download if old downloads were still in progress.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- MIDI Interface and MIDI keyboard recommended
- CoreAudio compliant audio interface or built-in audio hardware
DVD Ripper HD 2.3.0 - Easy-to-use DVD converter. (Commercial)
DVD Ripper HD is an easy-to-use DVD converter. It helps you backup DVDs to all popular video formats, and extract audio from DVDs at high speed. It supports conversion for portable devices and also provides optimized output settings for iPod, iPhone, iPad, and YouTube.
- Magically save DVDs to all popular video and audio formats
- Powerful handy options for video editing functions
- Enjoy your movies on all popular devices: iPod, iPhone, iPad, and more
- Merge several DVD chapters into one
- Added specific profiles for iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini, the new iPod Touch, and Nano.
- Optimized disc loading and increased disc-conversion speed.
- Fixed program crash caused by some discs.
OS X 10.6.6 or later
Metanota 2.0.4 - Free SimpleNote client. (Free)
Metanota is a beautiful OS X client and editor for creating and managing notes using well known cloud based services like SimpleNote and Evernote or simply local notes on your Mac.
Other note-taking cloud providers will be added constantly.
This version is free but supported by advertising, an In-App Purchase should be used to hide the ads forever.
Just try it, it’s free!
- All functions are easy to see and access
The user interface is carefully streamlined, no unnecessary elements are left floating around. Metanota’s goal is to avoid interfering between you and your work.
- Intelligent auto-formatting
The note editor automatically formats the first line of a note as header and shows lists as, well, lists. Just put a dash (-) or a bullet and space in front of a paragraph and the correct indentation is added at once. Or, if you like plain and simple text, you can selectively turn off each feature.
- 100% in sync with your SImplenote account
All notes and tags, even deleted notes, are kept perfectly synchronized. But you can work offline as long as you want.
- Fully manage Simplenote tags
Tags are presented as folders, making easy to neatly organize your content. Local folders can be created, renamed or deleted, every change being promptly replicated to your SimpleNote account. And, last but not least, Metanota is maybe the only option we have to actually rename a Simplenote tag.
- markdown formatting was lost after the current note was changed on server
- notes with an empty title failed to sync with Evernote
- markdown marking in Simplenote is now preserved
- the main window lost focus when changing screens
- crash when clicking twice on the preferences button
- random crash when syncing with Evernote when a note missed it's folder
- folder name displayed over the sync button when the folder name was too long
- the NoAds reminder was displayed even for paying customers
- memory leaks eliminated, lower memory footprint
Spectrum 1.4.5 - Easily create beautiful color schemes. (Commercial)
Spectrum is an app for easily and intuitively creating beautiful color schemes. Inspired by principles of color theory, Spectrum allows you to: